In 2004, Lung Foundation Australia’s Lung Cancer National Program identified a need for lung cancer education for health professionals within Australia.
In 2006, the inaugural Australian Lung Cancer Conference (ALCC) was held in Palm Cove, Cairns with 194 delegates attending. ALCC is held biannually and now draws 400 health professionals both nationally and internationally.
Lung Foundation Australia have the greatest pleasure in inviting you to attend the 7th Australian Lung Cancer Conference on Thursday 5th April 2018 – Saturday 7th April 2018. It will be held in Sydney, NSW.
The conference aims to provide a forum to raise and discuss issues in a multidisciplinary team environment, for non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer and mesothelioma. Plenary sessions are relevant, interactive and focused on producing an outcome relative to multidisciplinary care. Pertinent topics ensure the program appeals to many delegates, including Physicians, Surgeons, Oncologists, Pathologists, General Practitioners, Nurses and people holding similar responsibilities involved in the management, treatment and research of lung cancer and mesothelioma throughout Australia. Topics will include:
- MDT care and success factors;
- Prevention and Epidemiology;
- Early detection – screening & diagnosis;
- Rapid referral into MDT care;
- Individualised care;
- Evidence based lung cancer care;
- Advances in treatment & clinical guidelines;
- New medications – access via clinical trials;
- Research/ clinical trials including Translational research;
- Allied health/ Supportive Care/ Psycho-oncology