Travel Grants to attend the 2018 ALCC are OPEN.
Travel grants close on the 8 January 2018.
Lung Foundation Australia is pleased to offer the opportunity to submit an application for a travel grant to attend the 7th Australian Lung Cancer Conference (ALCC), in Sydney NSW.
The following travel grants are available to those submitting an abstract. Travel grants will be awarded to accepted abstracts only.
ALCC Travel Grants
Each travel grant will be up to the value of $500.00 and is to be used for expenses incurred in attending the conference.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
- Be a current member of Lung Foundation Australia
- Must have an abstract accepted for presentation and attending the meeting
- Provide a Curriculum vitae (1page)
- Must have an abstract accepted as presenting author for the ALCC
- Be responsible for the major components of the work to be presented (letter to be provided certified/ endorsed by the applicant’s supervisor/head of department)
- Higher degree student or equivalent of specialist clinician (advanced trainee or nurse practitioner in training) or within 2 years of completion of a higher degree or training
The research to be presented must have been carried out:
- In Australia and/or New Zealand
Preference will be given to first time applicants.
Asia-Pacific Lung Cancer Travel Scholarships
Lung Foundation Australia is pleased to invite applications from Medical, Nursing and Allied Health delegates from the Asia Pacific region, for up to 4 travel scholarships of $AUD2,500 each. Applicants will present an abstract and attend the 7th ALCC conference.
These 2018 ALCC/ IASLC Asia-Pacific Lung Cancer Travel Scholarships are to enable the attendance of developing country delegates from Asia Pacific with preference for trainees and/or younger delegates. Part of the scholarship will be used to include a mentorship program at a NSW hospital/s for the successful applicant, and the rest can be applied for travel costs, accommodation and registration.
This grant is to be used for expenses incurred in attending the conference and mentorship program. Preference will be given to first time applicants. The successful applicants will be selected by the organising committee.
To apply for a travel grant, please download and complete the form below.